BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

good news, a thank you, and a disclaimer--in that order

            Okay, it's official, I have another gig.


             That's right, I have another gig!!!

             And for many of you who read this blog, it will be just a drive away, right in the city of brotherly love.  I booked a gig at the Tritone Bar which is slated as a Cool bar. Great food. The most diverse music venue in Philly.

              And that's not all, my esteemed and accomplished older brother, Josh, of boysetsfire fame, is going to be lending me some of his rocking skills as a guitarist.  His job is to dirty up my songs with the guitar, as he puts it.  And Drew (you may recognize him from The Look Machine, which has sadly been on hiatus for a while now), my husband, and a fantastic musician in his own right, will be lending his sound to my set as well.  

            The date is 12/28, starting around 9:30 and I'd love it if you guys were there.  It is a bar, so if you are under 21 you have to be accompanied by a parent or someone who will at least claim you as their child for the night. 

           Kidding. I don't promote lying unless it is for the greater good, as in I tell my stage manager that I have a hamstring issue in order to let my understudy on so her family can see her.  So, yeah--if you are not as yet 21 then bring your parents along--I might just play something that they will like!

           I know this is way early to be telling you about it, but I am excited and don't worry if you forget, because I will remind you when it gets closer...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          On another note, I was pleasantly surprised to meet someone who has been reading my blog outside the stage door tonight.  He even came bearing gifts; I got to leave with a bottle of sweet tea.  And one of his party was wearing a rocking boysetsfire sweatshirt; I have the same one in red and it is a lovely garment, indeed.  

          So, thank you! It was lovely to meet you and thank you for supporting my show! The fact that you drove three hours each way to see it means so much;-)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

         One more note, please.  I would like to give as a disclaimer that when I doubted on my blog whether or not Bill Belichick, the coach of the Patriots, has a soul, I was truly and absolutely using sarcasm.  I am a staunch believer that every human being has a soul, even the likes of Bill Belichick.  And though one might be a cheater, wear an incredibly old and probably stinky sweatshirt on national television, and be a poor sport, that does not preclude one from having a soul.  

          So for the record, I do believe that Bill Belichick has a soul and may God have mercy on it. 

13 comments:

beingawesome said...

Well we made it home safe and sound back to west virginia...

Thank YOU guys for putting on an incredible show and I hope you enjoyed the tea :)

Jessica said...

so glad you made it home okay!

and by the way, your name rocks!

oh, and the sweet tea lived up to its name--thank you again;-)

Anonymous said...

Jess, I hope I can see you when you are in Philly, for both gigs!! I have mentioned it to John, and will talk to him about it more. It would be wonderful to see you! I have never seen ACL. It would be great to see it with you in it!!

(By the way, I'll be in the Nutcracker this year, thanks to your darling husband!)

Jessica said...

I heard about your being in the Nutcracker! How very fun! Will this be the 1st ballet you've performed in?

And I would love it if you could come to ACL--and the tritone show, of course!

christine said...

I didn't know that my comment would lead to a disclaimer : ) I just got a kick out of your slightly dramatic response to good ol' Bill : )

I'm bummed that we will be in Idaho when you play your show at Tritone : ( But I will definitely be coming to ACL.

Anonymous said...

This will be my first anything, Jess, outside of what we have done in church!

Anonymous said...

I have read your blog and showed outside of your stage door and I don't "pleasantly surprise" you? Huh.

Jessica said...

Well, Jason, you have never been waiting with sweet tea for me, though, have you?

And kathie--that's so very cool--you'll love it, I bet!

Anonymous said...

so weird, i was at the tritone the night you wrote this, seeing my friend's band. it's a cute little dive with a very small stage and very nice bartenders. i will most definitely come to your gig if i'm in town. :)

Jessica said...

Kelley--what a funny coincidence! we have to get together when I am back in Philly (providing you are there, as well, of course)!

Anonymous said...

Ha. Nice shot at Bilechek! I'll grudgingly grant you that he has a soul but I'm fairly certain God will not have mercy on it...
(just kidding--the pastor's kidding...really--blogger-responders, you don't need to call me judgmental...!)

Jessica said...

hahaha, pop--nice disclaimer!

erin said...

Jess! I'm so excited for your gig! I be there yo!