BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 30, 2008

batman and robin...girl

         Batman and Robin. Uh, Robin-Girl, that is...
               Right, so the casts of A Chorus Line (obviously...), Dirty Dancing, We Will Rock You, the Sound of Music, and Jersey Boys converged for a rocking costume party on Halloween Eve.  

               And so Jay and I had the bright idea to go as Batman and Robin (girl).  And here's the exciting/funny part:

                 I won honorable mention in the category of Sexiest Female!!!

                 Funny stuff, right?  And as my prize, I received a lovely light blue fleece sweatshirt that I might just flaunt at our final dress rehearsal with the replacements tomorrow.  We'll see. I'll be sure to keep you updated because I am just positive that all day tomorrow at your respective places of work or school you will just be beside yourself with curiosity as to whether or not I am indeed wearing that fleece...So don't worry, I'll tell you...

                 At one point during the party, I went to the bathroom (don't worry, the story does get a little better.  Actually, it would probably make it better if I told you that I first went into the men's bathroom...which, uh, I did, and promptly walked right back out).  A woman dressed as Lucy from I Love Lucy walked in to powder her nose and we exchanged compliments on each other's costumes.  She asked me what show I was in, and after telling her ACL, she said, Why, you're Kristine (it turns out she saw our matinee yesterday)!

               Giving myself a once-over in my Robin-Girl get up, complete with an eye mask, I told her how surprised I was that she recognized me.  Oh, why it's your hair!

               Fair enough.  I guess having really short dark hair is distinctive (if you're a girl, that is; if you're a boy, then that is about parr for the course).

             Anyway, it was fun but I am really tired and my feet hurt so much because I had the bright idea of wearing stiletto heeled boots after I wore my heels in the show and after I had a five hour rehearsal this afternoon...

            But now I have a nice fleece to show for it!

10 comments:

merry said...

You guys looks awesome!

Jessica said...

thanks, Mer;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm not so sure that Batman would be very well protected in battle...

Michele said...

Jason, I must disagree! Can't you see his ROCK HARD abs??? haha

Jessica said...

I gotta say Toronto was a safer place last night with Batman and Robin Girl patrolling...

Anonymous said...

Babe . . . you know there's actually no such thing as Robin-girl . . . right?

Why didn't you just go as Balloon?

Anonymous said...

Since there was no Robin Boy and Robin is a name that works equally for guys and girls, you could just call yourself Robin. So then it would be Bat-Stripper and Robin!

Jessica said...

Well, balloon would have been awesome and all, but as a costume it might not have been as recognizable as Robin.

Plus the fact, one of my dresser's husband is obsessed with batman and she told me on good authority that there is a comic book version where Robin IS a girl.

So there.

And Jase, at first Jay wasn't even going to wear tights--just the little underwear--so be grateful that he decided to borrow my tights...;-)

Anonymous said...

Right, but is she called "Robin" or "Robin Girl"??

ps. the best batman's have no Robins at all. (But your costume was awesome, as evidenced by your newsworthy victory!)

Jessica said...

not sure what she was called, exactly.

and thanks!

And people can be so mean, right?

I deleted that anonymous comment from some jerk...