BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 6, 2009

thick as thieves

Friends. And it's been that way for a long time now.


Erin, the beauty in the middle, I met in a rather unconventional way, I'd say. See, I was on the toilet. Yep, On. The. Toilet. But back up a bit, cause there's more to this story. I was maybe five years old and had some sort of digestive problem, to put it delicately. Basically the hairs that move the food along in the large intestine up and died on me (thanks a lot, hairs) and left me unable to go numero dos.

But since I didn't stop eating, I didn't stop trying, if you know what I mean.

So I spent a lot of time on the toilet.

And I guess my mom just decided to keep life as normal as possible for me while I was on that toilet. Thus she introduced me to the new girl, Erin, while I was on the toilet. Straining, if you must know.

And that was it. It sealed the deal for us, I guess, because we've been the best of friends since then. And tonight we spent a long time sitting down and talking, sharing our hearts; it was soul food, you know?

But no, I was not on the toilet.

This time.

And Christine, the beauty on the right? Well I don't technically remember meeting her. I think I might have been three years old or something. I do, however, remember her running around outside my house, tanned and tomboyish, and eating tomatoes whole. Like an apple. It made an impression on me, I guess.

And we've been together ever since, thick as thieves, as they say.

Actually, the three of us are thick as thieves.

And if you can say that ten times in a row I will totally give you a high five.


10 comments:

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

Awww I love friendships like that. And the fact that you openly share constipation stories. You make me happy.

peaj said...

Very cute post. And very cool ladies. You, my dear, are a woman of quality and discernment, as evidenced by the company you keep.

OK, that's my nice response. My smart-alecky response is: so who's the beauty on the left? ;-)

kathiek said...

That's a great picture of the 3 of you.

Unknown said...

YOU ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL, AND IT IS A BLESSING TO HAVE WONDERFUL FRIENDS! YAY!

joshsetsfire said...

i wish you guys would choregraph a dance together again....

Jessica said...

yeah, josh--maybe a reunion tour or something!!!

christine said...

Something I love about pictures of us is that we're all almost exactly the same height : ) Not the deepest part of our friendships, but familiar and endearing all the same. Just walking, the three of us together, has such a specific feel to it, and part of it is almost always having been the same height as each other. Anyway...enough about our height : )

It was so fun hanging out and I will cherish both of those evenings out as both of you are now leaving...sigh. I couldn't have asked for better people to be thick as thieves with : )

Jessica said...

I, too, appreciate our similar heights, Christine--it's nice to feel like we see the world from the same place:)

Mom said...

Hey, I appreciate you, Erin & Christine--and what you've meant in Jessica's life. Moms always want good & loyal & kind friends for their children. You both have gone way over the top in friendship! I couldn't have imagined or asked God for better friends for her. YOu both are very special! (and beautiful and tall!)

And YES please choreograph a new dance together!

merry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.