BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 28, 2009

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

So some of the things that are lost in translation over here I just find hilarious.


Like tonight while a friend and I were looking through a rack of rompers I saw that the tag of a certain grey romper read: gley.

Ha. I smiled and moved on.

But then I saw something that was just too good to not document. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I am a staunch Eagles fan; where I live, it's right up there with your religion. You're Catholic and you're an Eagles fan. Or you're Jewish and you're an Eagles fan. Or you're like me: you're a Christian who is also very much in love with a man who is very much obsessed with the eagles and you're an Eagles fan.

And please excuse the excessive use of colons so far, not sure why I am so generous with them tonight, but I'll just go with it.

Now with all that said, I was pretty surprised to see this printed on a knit dress in Harajuku, here in Tokyo.
So that's for Josh, my brother who loves the Cowboys.

Not quite sure how he feels about the Delias Cowboys, though.

At least they don't have to deal with T.O., I guess.

And in case you think I am not being adventurous enough by traveling halfway across the world, here's proof that I am really living it up here.
Cause I ate one of those bad boys tonight.

And don't be fooled by the fact that it kind of looks like a pancake.

Cause it didn't taste like one in the least.

I'm not that lucky.

And just to come full circle, I will leave you with this: that was one last colon.

You're welcome.

9 comments:

Karenkool said...

So, what IS that round thing that looks like a pancake?

The lost in translation stuff cracks me up. gley. Baaahahhaha!

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

Well, I shall forgive you for your unfortunate choice of football teams. We are, after all, supposed to love others despite their screwed up beliefs. ;-)

kathiek said...

Too funny!!

What was the pancake/not a pancake thing? I guess the food has been lost in translation for you, too, Jess. :-/

Michele said...

Jess, was the pancake thing made of potatoes? It kindof looks like a latke, which is tasty - but since you didn't say it was tasty - maybe not :)

Jessica said...

Okay, the pancake thing is this:

You can order what you want to come in it, so I chose shrimp, cheese, garlic, and corn. They bring all those ingredients out to you in a bowl full of batter and you mix it up and poor it onto the griddle. Once it is ready, you flip it and when both sides are done you fry and egg and lay the pancake-thing on the egg for a finishing touch.

IT was fun and interesting, but it did not taste that good. And just to top it off, to my left was a squeezey bottle like you find for ketchup at diners only this one was white and full of mayonnaise.

But like I said, the dinner was fun and adventurous, at least:)

And Mandy--thank you for your understanding in the matter of football teams; I will extend the same courtesy to you!:-)

Mom said...

Well, I love colons and use them liberally.

And Michele: (notice colon!) I don't think Jess would like a "pancake" that tasted like a potato: am I right, Jess?

Jessica said...

totes, Mom! Don't you remember when you served those awful potato pancakes when I was little and I was HORRIFIED at the first bite because I had mistaken them for normal, aka delicious, pancakes???????!!

peaj said...

Just wanted to point out that the Dallas Cowboys also don't have to deal with T.O. anymore, either.

We warned you, Dallas Cowboys. But did you listen to us, your pals, the Eagles fans? No. You did not.

Jessica said...

thanks peaj-I didn't know!