BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 25, 2009

chucks and Young Hawk

Sneakers make me happy.
Especially high tops.


Especially when they involve yellow.

Especially when they are $15.

And here is Lake Delton, where we spent some time singing and swimming the other night.
At the time of this photo, I had recently had my ribcage crunched, so was playing Mom On The Beach and hanging out on the shore.

Oh, you don't know about the Mom On The Beach phenomena?

Something seems to happen to women when they have children. Okay, so a lot seems to happen to women when they have children (though I haven't experienced it quite yet), but this is one thing that my brothers like to talk about. While dating, and even into marriage, their respective women swam in great bodies of water fearlessly. It was fun and tiring and wet. But then when a child came into the picture, the girl became Mom On The Beach and stopped actually going into the water.

And not just because the child needed to be watched on the beach, either, though that could be part of it for sure.

So when we all go to the beach, my brothers like to encourage us to not be Mom On The Beach. But still, that's what I was at Lake Delton.

Until, that is, I realized that my ribs were going to hurt no matter what I did, so I might as well try to have some fun and ventured in.


Today I went to a salon and a man named Young Hawk fixed the damage I had incurred.
He also disposed of the mullet that I was working on in the back.

Thank God for Young Hawk.

And young hawks.

They are the hawks of tomorrow, after all.

14 comments:

Michele said...

Lovin' the sneaks!

Emily said...

cute hair and sneakers! I love a good hairdresser.

christine said...

Your hair looks great Jess! I love the short bangs on you!

kathiek said...

Jess, your hair looks great...and the chucks are pretty cool, too!

jason said...

Excuse me... Mom on the Beach (TM) was not coined by "your brothers," it was christened and identified by one brother in particular. Me.

Thank you very much. Carry on.

Jessica said...

thanks, ladies!!!

And Jase--sorry, my mistake--I just didn't realize you were creative enough to coin a term like that on your own. I mean, it's not like you went to UCLA for screenplay writing and have won awards for the short you've done or anything.

Alison said...

Wow.... you were 10 minutes away from me. Lake Delton is only about 10 minutes from my house!!!!

Jessica said...

Alison--how lovely you get to live in such a beautiful place!!!

Jenna Latshaw said...

i am SO jealous of those chucks!!!

Jessica said...

Jenna--you'd know I'd let you borrow them in a heartbeat!!!

Jenna Latshaw said...

they can be our new dragonfly shoes!

Jessica said...

yeah--since that chunky heel went out of style in 1999!!!!

Jenna Latshaw said...

haha fo real! can i just say i love how we're talking through your blog, facebook, and gmail.

Jessica said...

and don't forget twitter!!!!