So, I have been tagged on facebook by two different friends from two entirely different circles of life and took it as a sign that the fates were telling me that I should post 25 Random Things About Me. So I did. On facebook. And just to go full circle, I am going to post it here as well.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
1. When I was little, I wanted to be a mermaid when I grew up. I thought that was a valid, respectable profession. I don't remember the exact moment I found out it wasn't exactly something you go to school for. Also I never did become a really good swimmer. Or grow a tail. Or learn to breath under water.
2. I also used to sing songs to animals. I would go outside and make up songs about God and serenade our dogs, cats, and horses about how loved and special they were. I hope they got the message.
3. My younger sister is adopted, but she is darker complected like my mom so people have asked if I am the one adopted before.
4. My brothers and I have this face that we inadvertently make when we look at ourselves in the mirror. It is extremely embarrassing and our respective spouses love to make fun of us for it. I don't blame them at all.
5. When I first met Drew he had a beard and therefore I was completely uninterested in him. Yes, this might mean that I am shallow.
6. I still remember the first time I performed; I was 8 years old, skinny as all get out, and armed with a tambourine and lipstick as I did a little ballet/folksy dance. I was smitten with being in front of an audience that was captivated by me and could not stop smiling. It was a feeling that consumed me, not all that unlike being in love.
7. I love bread. LOVE IT. I don't care what people say about carbs and how bad they may be for you--I will always eat them and do so happily.
8. I wrote my first song when I was 14. I still remember the melody and it's not half bad.
9. One of my dreams is to perform my music on a regular basis and get paid well to do so.
10. I love reading Dear Abby--like things. Anything involving people's problems and experts advice is completely intriguing to me.
11. I hate all thing florescent--especially lights. I like a good warm yellow light; reading and writing under the cold glare of a florescent light almost kills any inspiration I had before I turned the light on.
12. I permed my hair when I was 8 years old. Mom, what were you thinking?!?!
13. I wasn't allowed to officially wear make-up outside of performing until I was 16. I did, however, manage to get my hands on some brown-tinted lip gloss from the local health food store that I was allowed to wear and did so profusely...
14. I love God and how He dreams and then brings about good and beautiful things that bring much needed change into my life.
15. I am unbelievably loyal to my family and friends. I am unashamedly proud of being a Latshaw.
16. I absolutely hate any phrases that combine something above with something below--i.e. "brain fart" and "diarrhea of the mouth." Ew. Gross.
17. I really love Drew's last name and had always told my mom that I would never marry a man whose last name I didn't like. She always told me that was crazy; like what if I fell in love with someone named Mr. Butt or something?--but I always knew I would fall in love with a man with the perfect last name. And I did.
18. I get paid to sing really badly and singing well is one of my favorite things to do.
19. When I have family/friends in the audience I feel like a little girl performing for the first time again, it makes me that happy.
20. I want to write a book someday.
21. I was blonde for most of my life. I think I will probably be again at some point.
22. I have always been more of a dog person, but I now have two cats and love them more than I ever thought possible.
23. I am really, really sensitive. Some may say over sensitive which would probably hurt my feelings. Case in point.
24. Playing the piano is like therapy for me and I wish to God I could put one in my pocket and always have it handy.
25. red and yellow are my favorite colors, but never really together.
26. And just to prove this last point, I am always in need of an editor as you can see since this was supposed to only be 25 Random Things About Me and I have now made it 26 Random Things About Me.
Oh, and p.s. today marked our 300th performance of A Chorus Line. Woo-hoo!