BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

uh-oh, sicko

            I am sick.  Last night, I had a hard time sleeping cause I couldn't breathe through my nose.  It was just totally stuffed up.  My poor roommate kept waking up because of my loud sniffing, I think.  Anyway, I woke up with a sore throat, clogged ears, more of the stuffy nose, and a head that hurt.  I guess I could have called out of the show tonight, and let one of my three understudies go on, but that just isn't my style.  I really don't like calling out of things.  So, I did the show and it was a doozy, my friends.  


            And not a good doozy, I think.  I mean, I don't think the audience could tell that I was not quite as in it as I could have been, but I could certainly tell.  And Colt, who plays my husband in the show, could tell.  He was sweet, though--he kept asking if I was alright and if he could do anything.  Anyway, halfway through the show, I had a little break and so was able to catch up on the comments on this blog.  Well, there was a new one in response to one of my older posts, and it was a little rude, I gotta say.  And here I was sick, trying to push through a really energetic and demanding show, and that comment just felt like the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.  Anyway, it hurt my feelings a little, so I called Jenna and let her do what she does so well--act as a loyal advocate of anyone in our family and make anyone who crosses our path shiver in their boots with fear.  

     I took some nyquil, a z-pack, and something homeopathic.  I also have some nasal spray that I have been told by Gabby to take (she might want to get some sleep tonight).  And with that, I am going to bid you all a good night--or day, depending on when you happen to read this.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Jess....I hope you get well very soon! I'm glad you took some medicine and hopefully you got some good sleep. May God help your body make tons of antibodies to fight off the sickness!

Peaj said...

Yes, be well! I agree with mom's prayer. We want you to be blessed and healthy.

Speaking of which, can we get an update on your foot? Has it healed?

Anonymous said...

God bless you with healing rest for body, soul, and spirit, Jess!

Tiffany said...

Jess, I know how you are feeling. I had sinus surgery 2 weeks ago and feel almost the same way. Oh, I was feeling so discouraged this weekend from developing side effects and just because I am a horrible sick person. Your sweet Dad prayed over me and while I'm still on a healing journey I feel I've turned a corner. :) I'll keep you in prayer.

Jessica said...

thanks, guys!

as requested, my foot is now feeling fine--so that is great!

merry said...

I hope you feel better,Jess. I called you Jess. Ha, it has been more than once now. People who have rude things to say about your blog suck. That is when I have a post that could be taken as offensive I always tell people that I am not interested in reading any negative posts. So far it has worked.I mean, it is not even like you invited some of these people to read your blog. It makes me mad.

Jessica said...

Merry, thanks for being in my corner--you make a fantastic friend and a formidable enemy! I am glad to know you as the former...;-)

Anonymous said...

hey, be well, be healed! And watch that nasal spray--if it's afrin or something like that, it's deceptive stuff--it will clear out your nose totally for a few hours then stuff it up even more, compelling you to inhale it again, and so on and so on. When you decide you've had enough of that cycle, you just stop, endure the now much greater stuffiness for a few hours, and get back to normal. I used to use Afrin, but I now use a saline spray, which kind of clears things out but isn't weirdly addictive. Again, be well!
(What did it for your foot, glue?)

Michele said...

Oh Jessica, I'm sorry you're sick :( It's so hard to get through a regular day not being able to breathe, nonetheless put on a performance. And I'm really sorry about all the controversy in that one post! I know your sweet, unjudgemental heart - and I just want to say that I love you and you are precious!

Jessica said...

So, you might be able to tell that I deleted that controversial post. Just got rid of the whole mess. And to anonymous, I am genuinely sorry that I hurt your feelings--if you want to call me and talk about it at all, I would be happy to do so. In fact, I would be happy to hear your voice.