You know it's time to turn off the television when you glance up just in time to see an infomercial that is selling the new cd, "Whistle while you work"--the only cd, to my knowledge, that is made up exclusively of whistling. Needless to say, I did not jump up and dial the numbers that were flashing across the bottom of the screen and order it.
- Christmas day
- my wedding day
- my first audition for A Chorus Line
- listening to my nephew Judah, being born. I was touring at the time (surprise, surprise), and so Darby, my sister-in-law, called me and left the phone on in the room while Rebekah pushed out Judah. So as not to disturb my sleeping roommate (hey Bets!), I was cramped up in a hotel bathroom, phone pressed up almost painfully close to my ear while listening with baited breath to the sounds of hard hard work and then, hallelujah! the sounds of a healthy baby boy coming into the world...It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.
- a delicious breakfast that includes either melt-in-your-mouth pancakes or french toast done up right--you know, with real french bread and powdered sugar dusting the tops of each golden slice.
- going to my church
- my birthday--if something fun has been planned which does not preclude breakfast in bed with a song and a card. What? It's my birthday and on said day, I. Am. Queen.
- and of course, swimming with manatees!!!