BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

goals, in black and white

   Well.  My heart is beating just a little faster, my mind is racing just a little; I am trying to make something work.  Something that is difficult, but not impossible.  See, I just read an audition posting for a brand new Broadway musical, Spiderman.  And sure, I like spiderman and all, but that's not the kicker, uh-uh, not even close.  The reason that I am so excited is...drum roll please...


   The music is written by Bono and the Edge. From U2. That's right--Bono and the Edge!!!!

   And now? Well now I have gotten it into my head that I just have to do this show. How amazing would that be?  And the audition is in the city, on 9/16, which is a Tuesday; specifically, a Tuesday that I have a show in Boston.  But, not until the evening...I could do it.  It would involve paying some airfare, for sure, but it's doable.  I am going to make it doable. 

   Actually, I am a firm believer in faith; in believing for things in your heart that you don't see. Yet.  So, I am going to put some dreams out there, into the universe--from my mouth to God's ears, as the saying goes.  These are the things that I want to accomplish in the not too far-off future.  Oh, and these are career goals, mind you:

  •         Originate a Broadway show (preferably Spiderman, Um, hi, Bono--I am a big fan or your work...!!!!)
  •         Be in the musical, Chicago, on Broadway
  •         Make an album, followed by many albums--and play my music for lots of people  
   That's it, guys.  Is that too much to ask? Really, I know God is plenty able to open any of those doors.  My job is simple; keep honing my craft and showing up to auditions. Keep writing music and playing wherever I can.  Oh--and here's a biggie: Keep. Trusting. God. 

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

JESS!! That would be so cool! I do not think your goals are too much to ask at all. Our God is a big God and if these things are part of His plan for you they WILL happen! I will stand in faith with you.

Peaj said...

Wow. That's crazy-amazing! That sounds so cool!

It certainly isn't too much to dream for, I think.

Anonymous said...

Your goals are certainly within the realm of possibilities....I can see it happening!

Anonymous said...

jess....you cannot be in chicago.
sorry. arent they in undies the WHOLE show? maybe you could be the lawyer guy?

Jenna Latshaw said...

oh my gosh you have to try out and get this part! then you can take me to meet bono and the edge! my dream is starting to come true!!

Anonymous said...

you don't need to buy airfare! it's an EPA, so get there butt ass early (think those old nonequity chorus call days...) and you can get an appt really early. also, a lot of people will get there early to get appts for times like 3pm, where your voice is actually warmed up in the normal world. so yes, take the earliest appt possible and hop on a train or bus to boston (buses are sometimes as cheap as $12!) and i have gotten out of EPAs as early as 10:30am before being NONequity! you can do it! save the moolah! and book the show! xo

Anonymous said...

You neglected to mention that Julie Taymor, the genius who created Lion King on broadway, is also involved. Sounds fantastic!

Tiffany said...

WOW!WOW! WOW! Jess, go for it. This show sounds so amazing. Love Bono and our family saw the Lion King. O.K., it was so good and I was so moved that I actually cried. We'll pray. :)

Jessica said...

Bree--ah, those good ole NONeq days of just waiting forever...sigh...But, thanks for the good advice! You're the best:-)

Jase--You always gotta one up me, huh?! ;-) and yes, you are right--Julie Taymor is also amazing!

thanks for all the encouragement, guys!

Oh, and Josh--there's NO WAY I am gonna be Amos in Chicago, not ever! And didn't BSF play some shows in their undies? p.s. they aren't all in undies...

Anonymous said...

This is way better than Shrek! Go for it!!!! I had a dream that I met Bono, so maybe you can make that come true? :)
Rbekah

Anonymous said...

A Wise man once said, "Better to be seen wearing your underwear than to be seen not wearing your underwear." Who was it, you ask? Ok, it was me, and I just made it up, and I never actually said it... and I'm not all that wise either. Sometimes.

Peaj said...

jason: so... nobody said nothing? Thanks for sharing.

Jonathan Latshaw said...

Awesome Jess! You should be Queen Latifah's role!

Jessica said...

hmmm..Queen Latifah's role...THanks, I guess?!?!

merry said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!> YOU HAVE TO DO ITYOUHAVETODOITYOUHAVETODOITILOVEBONOYOUHAVETODOIT!.No jenn, MY dream is starting to come true.....ok, yours too. OUR DREAM IS STARTING TO COME TRUE!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm really late to comment, sorry--YES, GO FOR IT ALL! And more, as doors open! We're all totally for you!

Proud of you as always--

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm really late to comment, sorry--YES, GO FOR IT ALL! And more, as doors open! We're all totally for you!

Proud of you as always--