BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 1, 2008

a really good surprise

  Yesterday, I experienced the best shock of my life.  I was at the theatre, had just finished the customary warm-up class, and was simply wandering the hallway talking to people and avoiding getting ready for the show in general.  Had I known who was waiting for me in my dressing room, I wouldn't have taken so long to get there.  Had I know who was visiting me, I might even have showered that morning.  Or at least put on deodorant (I'm kidding--I wear deodorant every day).


  Anyway, I opened my dressing room and found, to my extreme surprise, Drew, my husband--just flown in from Delaware.  What?!?! I could barely even believe it--and was literally speechless.  My usual dressing room visitor, Ian, knocked on the door very shortly and I was so excited to introduce Drew to him.  Then my friend, John, came running in to say hello...Word actually travelled very quickly and in about 2 minutes there were 4 or 5 extra people crowding into my dressing room to welcome Drew--and tell him he was a good man to surprise me like this.  Ian quickly gathered his hair supplies and discreetly said he was gonna get ready in his own dressing room this time...That afternoon, I felt like I was flying through the most difficult dance combinations in our opening.  I mean, I was so happy--it felt easy.  

  So yes, Drew is a very good man.  When I told my mom what he did, she literally called him a "sweet stinker." That made me laugh.  He is here till Tuesday evening, which works out perfectly because my day off is Monday and my birthday is Tuesday.  He saw the show last night and was very proud of me, if I do say so myself.  We are going to Disneyland tomorrow with Jase and the kids, and I am so excited.  

  Good job, Drew.  
  
   

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great surprise! I said Drew was a "sweet stinker" because he knew how much I wanted him to get to LA and he kept saying that his job wasn't letting him and he never once let on! Well, he IS a good actor! We are thrilled to know that you are out there together!

Anonymous said...

What a guy! What a nice surprise!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Good job, Drew!

Jessica, we are all very thrilled and relieved to know you wear deodorant every day! Have a great visit!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Jessica! Wish I were with you!

Love, Mom

jason j said...

Drew was SUPPOSED to come over and help me wash my hair on Saturday.. he totally stood me up

Mama Bear said...

Jessica - I stumbled across your blog recently and wanted to try an get in touch with you. It is Jamie Jardina (well actually, Steider now). I would love to hear from you. You can email me at jgsteider@gmail.com

Jonathan Latshaw said...

Way to go Drew!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess, Hi! It's Pop, logging in! I love you and am delighted Drew spent time in LA with you.