BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

presently blonde and sketching

So I did it.


Or rather, Kasey the fabulous hair stylist did it.

Transformed my hair from brunette to reddish-orange to blonde.
And all the while I was sitting next to a kind lady who was also getting her hair done. She looked a little familiar maybe, but I didn't give it a second thought and was happy to listen to the lilt in her British accent as she marveled over the way my hair had gone from as dark as hers to well, this.

I even told her that her accent was so very pretty, still not knowing that I was sitting next to someone I'd heard before.
On the T.V.
A while ago.

Finally she tipped her stylist, who quickly said thank you, Tracy and then I knew. Tracy Allman, of the Tracy Allman show. The funny lady who launched the Simpsons. Oh, right.

Lately I have been spending a lot of time making things.

Songs, mostly.

But I also started drawing a little last night.

I was staring at this photo and started sketching and came up with this.
Me and Ollie in pencil and ink.

12 comments:

Emily said...

Jess, is there anything you can't do? I love it! and the blonde is really fun, too. I always wanted to try on platinum blonde, but anything close to blonde is nauseating with my olive skin!

Mom said...

I loved you with dark hair but this is my favorite hair color. You are so pretty.

Jessica said...

your dark hair is so pretty, Emily--but I bet you'd be beautiful with any color. and really--there's a ton I can't do...cooking comes to mind off the bat. trigonometry. the list goes on and on, actually...

Jessica said...

and thanks, mom:)

Nina said...

The blonde looks beautiful...though I loved your hair dark too. And Tracy Ullman! We used to love her. The Tracy Ullman show was hilarious.

And for the record, I can't sing, dance, act, draw...or cook. Oh well...

Unknown said...

Your dark eyes look so amazing next to the blonde hair! I can't wait to see it in person!

Tracey Ullman was talking to you, that is AMAZING! I love her, and think she is so talented. I love that you didn't recognize her!

Lastly, sketching boo, I had no idea? You wanna see some of my stick figures? LOL

kathiek said...

Love the hair, love the sketch!

peaj said...

How many more amazing talents do you posses? Can you balance a plate on your nose, too?

min said...

Jess, the hair is glamorous... I love it. And the sketch? what took you so long to try? It's beautiful. It tells a story. It has emotion. And the style is so cool. I love the patterns and lines. It has beautiful geometric shapes. Great job... Hope you do it more!

Karenkool said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE SKETCH!!!

Your hair is great too. I just don't know what people do when the roots start growing in. Let me know. (I know what they do, I just can't imagine having to do it). I hated that I colored my hair... and it was a mild change, but I'm one of those hair-must-be-low-maintenance types.

Good luck with yours.

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

It looks awesome!! And MY GOODNESS Jess - you can DRAW TOO!? I don't know why I'm surprised. You're amazing.

Unknown said...

OH my goodness. I love the sketch!! Seriously. It is so cool. What a great style.